Search This Blog

Thursday 9 December 2021

Penny Authors and their poems 3-5

 

                                


We are delighted to introduce the Penny Authors and their poems published in the anthologies. PA has brought together a diverse group of people, PA is open to all nationality and all backgrounds to come together and share what we all love, writing.


PA3



Earth Father (for my beautiful Dad - RIP)

by Julie Archbold

 Julie Archbold


Earth father, bringer of life

Neglected in your strife

Our mother, your wife

 

Have your sons lost their way

To dream of another day

Where the sins of the world must pay

 

Earth Father, make rise your name

So that humble souls may rue the game

And neither gender take the blame

 

We are here now, your children

And will never be balanced without your love

When our Mother cries over your oppression

We need you to light our way

 

Many siblings have forgotten

Resisting inner strength and outer fortitude

Of nimble body and heart full of passion

For that planet upon which we stand

 

How this must sadden My Father

Seer of the paradox

Who lives simply to please, with ease

Who is quiet and at peace with his nature

 

I see you Father

And I wish to resurrect the respect

Of which you are assured

From me



The Daffodil

By Mathew Whiting

 Mathew Whiting


As Achilles treads February's

dreary pasture

Aching heels over dormant Earth

 

The infant stirs within.

Bursting through the Earth

with starlight fire

 

Like Persephone breaking the

bonds of hades.

Glowing in the mist of the morning's

sun kissed dew,

 

Perfect in Heavens design,

Marriage of terrestrial and celestial

Radiant as the warmth of the heart,

And full of the promise of

Apollo's fiery chariot

 

Resplendent with the rays

of the lion's golden mane.

And shining like my love for you,

Daffodil.

 



Steps of Blood

By Kalam Choudhury

  

Abu Taher Kalam Choudhury


O the children of Bongo

whenever the 8th of Falgun arrives

Your memory returns.

I remember how your bosoms

were riddled with bullets

as you stood for the mother tongue's honour

on that blood spilling day

The pitch covered avenues of Dhaka

were stained red with your own blood

that's why we remember you today with reverence.

 

O indomitable boy

you have taught us

how to stand against injustice

snubbing the red eye of autocracy

you created history

treading on that bloody historical map

we have snatched away the red sun of independence

but-

that independence is imperilled today

by the conspiracies of the national traitors.

 

O heroic soldiers-

whenever Ekush is due, preparation starts

for acting as ultra-revolution, like-

placing of floral wreaths at the alter-foot,

walking of bare-foot to the Shaheed Minar,

Observance of one minute silence

by standing up at seminars,

and dancing- singing sessions everywhere

this is merely cheating

for self publicity.

On this blood spilling day

I pray for the salvation of your souls.



PA5


Star

By Ruth Lewarne

  

Ruth Lewarne


You are

Like the heartbeat of a huge star

Like a thousand silent lightning flashes

Like  a wind through heaven

Carrying light

On pulsing waves of stillness

Like night

Soft footed, slow

Like fullness

Like the quietness of breath

Like a journey towards home

Where there is peace

Where the traveller rests

And there is no time

No ticking clock

No ending

 


My Children

By Late Joan Hodge

 

Hush can with you just a little longer stay

For the time has come for me to soon be on my way

 

Let not your heart break nor to brokenly weep

As I can no longer awake from my sleep

 

In the sea of grief do not linger long

For it will make you weak when there is need to be strong

 

What I brought to you in life no-one can ever take away

For my love for you will forever stay

 

Best awhile but never turn back

For life my children has only a forward track

 

In this life you will never be alone I know

For my spirit will stand beside you where-ever you go

 

It will be a comfort to you when times are bad

Stand beside you when you're broken and sad

 

Laugh when you're happy and gay

I will walk with you every inch of the way

 

I may haunt your memory by day and by night

But lift up your head and let your smiles be bright

 

For in life you always made my heart feel glad

My children were the most precious gifts I ever had

 

As you travel life's highway, explore many of her hi-ways

Climb every style and live every mile

 

Then when time and the world for you stands still

I shall be waiting for you at the front of the hill

 

Once more together you and I will be

We will enter God's garden just you and me

 

And there by the sea of tranquillity stand

Before we seek and find his promise land.

 



 

Kes

By Julie Ann Wheeler

 

Kes you saved me,

you are my saviour;

you are my soul.

You Kes saved me

from life's big black hole.

Kes you saved me,

gave me a reason to be.

Kes you are all the love,

kindness and life in me.

Kes you saved me from myself

Kes I love you, you're my girl.



Once Upon A War-Time

By Late John Robert Gordon

 

John Robert Gordon




Once upon a war-time

in the middle of nowhere,

a branch line ran through

a forest wilderness.

Half way along, a hidden track

led to a dead-end clearing.

 

In the aftermath of the War,

the forest itself gave closure,

erasing all traces of the path,

settling the clearing with birches.

Only the stars now look down

on this terminated place

of undecaying sadness.

 

Batches of human beings,

bringing with them their stars,

were once brought here

to dig a final trench

before being lined up

and given a single shot

to the back of the head.

 

No one visits.

 

 

Million Pieces

By Tamanna Parveen

 

It's a curious thing to be part of a world you don't belong.

And before the weight of the day reached soul I planned to exist.

The road ahead came with bends so I chose to go underground.

The soil seemed more comforting than the predators of the earth.

My old life would hover in the shadows of darkness and seek my attention.

Injecting my brain with thoughts of madness.

I wanted no part, but we were inextricably connected.

I am a metaphor, symbolic to my strength.

I fought the wars of the gladiators, to win my freedom as it may be.

A million pieces of glass, reflected a million scars.





Daddy Never Really Loved Me


By Rabia Mehmood


 

The grace of a daughter,

the greatest pleasure of a father.

To her the world existed and was held up on a platter.

Each desire reached for and handed through a dollar.

Through each reach she tried to grab

 but no hand was encountered.

Just dead presidents left on a counter.

 

Back then, she could of sworn

he was the world's greatest father.

But now as a woman she realised

she needed more than just a dollar.

 

Daddy did you really love your daughter

cause while she ate good, she was starving.

Craving a love she saw portrayed on t.v screens.

 

Look at how they communicate and

you barely even know what my favourite colour is.

In the same house

yet I was raised by just my mother.

 

Daddy please tell me do you even know your daughter.

She was the little girl trying to impress you,

but the girls football team was not that impressive.

 

Maybe he'd be proud and practice with her every night.

In doubt she let go of dreams she figured would never be 

and instead she yearned for knowledge in love.

 

Now your little girls out here thinking

 some little boys got her love.

He claimed he loved her but how would she know it.

It is a shame that the first person to ever speak it,

didn't even mean it.

20 years old and she may die without ever hearing it.



Knowledge


By Liam Newton



English heritage on the bridge of kidult hood to adulthood

It’s what I’m proud of on the land where I’m stood

Should be forever respected because I respect the respectable

Even when there’s hectic stress in school

I’m not the type of guy that goes by the stereotype

 

I’m a lyricist that preaches life and its struggle, not glocks,

chicks and revving motorbikes full throttle

My life is full throttle but I don’t drink from the bottle

Hallucinate, smoke haze, I ain't about that life,

I avoid it in many ways

I can be dazed, but not in that way

Its life is what I can say

 

Knowledge is power

Hours of intelligence until our final hour

Those haters will soon cower

Below the dreadful, deafening daze of my lyrics

 

My mind repeats that knowledge is power

It’s for the people neglected in the society

Those struggling and rocking back and forth,

night and day for hours

Those still struggle but still I stand

Picking up the paper

and the using the pen with my lyrical hand

Haters want to hate but I still write what I write

because I still can

The disaster of the outside world

As I struggle day to day

Getting on with my life when there’s much more to say

I’m insane, mind is compressed with hate,

it’s gonna explode soon

As already the escape of molecules are filling up my page

With lyrics and judgements

and the life we live inevitably today

 

Knowledge is power

Hours of intelligence until our final hour

Those haters will soon cower

Below the dreadful, deafening daze of my lyrics

 

I can be a mental case inside my mind

It’s out of position, it’s not in line

Because I’m getting signs I’m gonna flip

Because of the hate making my heart rate higher than first

timers on sky planes

Different faces on the street maze

Will I find my own way through this road rage?

Turning the page with my own pen

To unlock the cage were stuck in

Government oblivious to the gun game

In the roads of shame

It always miserable in the rain

You either live or die which turns us insane

That’s why I hope to be always on the stage

 

Knowledge is power

Hours of intelligence until our final hour

Those haters will soon cower

Below the dreadful, deafening daze of my lyrics

 

These lyrics rain on haters like meteor showers

Will they ever learn that facing my lyrical firepower will

 make them drop and burn

This makes me concerned, are the next generation going to

be controlled by what is yet to come

I say that in bold for everyone

because think before you take action

The captions that are printed in the newspaper make us

suspects, witnesses and victims

That are created this way in the society we unfortunately

live in

Thrive in earned cash, stash of regret for some illegal terms

people have met

There’s many steps to freedom, when is the next step?

 

Knowledge is power

Hours of intelligence until our final hour

Those haters will soon cower

Below the dreadful, deafening daze of my lyrics

 

It’s ridiculous for the jargon and dialect that I 

instead speak among those I highly respect

To not take me to the test

Unless it’s normal to run amok and climb the fence

Instead of waiting in line, 

masterminds of kinds who over mine 

for rhymes of ideas and explosive content and ultimate timing

Sparks caused by dynamite

Now don’t waste time

 

Knowledge is power

Hours of intelligence until our final hour

Those haters will soon cower

Below the dreadful, deafening daze of my lyrics

 



PA4





Happiness

By Rashma Mehta

 

Happiness is believing

Happiness is reality

Happiness is different

Happiness is real

 

Happiness is laughter

Happiness is proven

Happiness is joy

Happiness can happen

 

Happiness is driven

Happiness is focus

Happiness is true

Happiness is dreaming




The Tyranny of 2017

By Nirmal Kaur


The end of the tumultuous tyranny

of profit and Selby.

The analysis of truth verses.

Disorder = allowed to be personal

for the greater good of what’s personally important to me.

Me alone

as I am without partner

and ridiculously a good survivor

from the wrath of the swot team.

1 down,

three to go

the positioning of the power of two still around.

 

However W the power of 50/50

is the blatancy of a militant struggle

that’s never ending to me.

Was over the moon too

knew that Annie’s Pantry forgave me

was a little offshore with my sight.


 

The Winter That Shapes Me...(Sylheti)

by Akik Miah

 

Akik @Penny Authors

Ghor tanda ammee tanda                                 (The house is cold and I am cold)
Bar rah and-dyer                                                 (outside its dark)
Arr bat-tash barah tanda                                   (and the wind outside is cold )
Gas ah-stay ah-stay                                            (trees slowly slowly)
More reeeeea zzzzhar                                         (DDDDYYYYiiinnnngggg) dying.
Be yan ammee tanda                                         (It's the morning and I am cold)
ammee utt yah kammo zhai                            (I get up and go to work)
Tobo ammee  tanda                                          (I am still cold)
Arr aahsta deen and-dyer bar rah                    (All day its dark outside all day)
ammee Fat tore lack khan tanda.                    (I am cold like a stone)
Kam shesh Ghor-raw zai yah                            (I finish work and go home )
Tobo barah and-dyer                                         (and still outside its still dark)
Be-annay tanda bikal tanda.                            (Morning it's cold and evening it's

                                                                                cold)
Shan-tee faye nah tanda taki                           (I can't find peace from this cold)
Shesh kun-deen shesh oi bo  kun din               (when will this end when will this

                                                                                   finish.)
Forty din                                                                (everyday)
Shoman                                                                 (The same)
Shoman                                                                 (The same )
Shoman                                                                 (The same)
Ammee beshi  bezar                                           (I am very sad )
Pause 
Ahck-tah bod lah                                                                (a sudden change)
Foo roo bat tea                                                    (There's a small light)
Ammee sai Arr raw                                             (I want more and more)
Arr raw 
Ammee deck key Arr raw                                  (I can see more and more)
Arr raw Arr raw arraw                                         (I want more and more)
Roid, roid gorom roid                                          (Sun Sun warm Sun)
Ammee gor rom                                                  (I am warm)
Ammee kushi bitho rare                                     (I am happy inside)
Fat toror lack khan tanda  nai on nay.           (I am not cold like the stone anymore)
Ammee nor-rom on nai.                                     (I have become soft)
Gas zee-tah on nay fool eye say..                    (The trees are alive and there is fruit.)
Arr raw roid ammee on nai man nush             (There is more of the sun and now I

                                                                                become human)





My Wishes

By Bhupendra M. Gandhi

 

Bhupendra M Gandhi

I would like to see the world at peace

No hatred, no bloodshed, nor an upheaval

 

Could we ever achieve Ramrajya!

 Kingdom with ultimate peace and prosperity

 

Or will it for ever remain unfulfilled dream?

Until the day of our departure

 

Hope will always remain alive in our hearts

Sentiments will survive, no matter what!

 

It will slowly gain upper hand, to our delight

So never despair, good days are here

 

As we move into tomorrow’s world with time

The past will become past

 

Not so irrelevant in the new upcoming world

A completely different game

 

Sun will shine brightly, banishing the gloomy clouds

 Seven colours of rainbow will illuminate the sky

 

Filling our hearts and minds with hope and delight

Don’t despair; happiness just round the corner

 

It is time to Rock around the Clock till midnight

Come what may, time to rise and shine

 

All you need is a bit of faith and trust in yourself

To take you to land of hope and glory!

 

Eddie

By Nicki & Laura Ellis

 

In Plymouth he was born and bred

His sweetheart Inez he did wed.

A big family of 21 he was from

And to visit him they would come.

 

For advice or just a natter

To him it wouldn't matter

Two sons were conceived

This he found hard to believe

 

His joy and pride

Couldn't be denied

He worked hard to be a dad

Through good times and the bad.

 

Over the years he watched them grow

Through seasons of sunshine, rain and snow

Deal or No Deal and Jeremy Kyle

Always made him smile.

 

Eddie worked for thirty years or more

At the local council store

To the social club they would go

Meeting friends and playing bingo.

 

House proud he has always been

No dirt or dust could ever be seen

Malcolm and I did wed

And hey guess where this led

 

Aimee was Grandchild no.1

Pink and frills and so much fun

Ashley was Grandchild no.2

A boy, so things now, were blue.

 

Laura was grandchild no.3

One more for the family tree

When he heard there would be No.4

He didn't think there would be any more.

Jodie arrived, and not to be ignored,

The fouth Grandchild he also adored

Next came Ian and Tracy's celebrations

What lovely day to gather relations.

 

More joy was to come

On the birth of their son

Reggie was Grandchild no.5

Another reason to stay alive.

 

They all kept him young

And gave him so much fun

Coming to visit you, and see Argyles match

Meant your door was always on the latch.

 

You welcomed them with open arms

It was always part of your charms

And when you took your dentures out

With your mouth you'd make a pout.

 

You gave Jodie quite a scare

When she saw your mouth was bare!

What were the odds, that out of the blue,

Aimee got into Plymouth-Uni to be near you.

 

She worked hard to make the grade

Now the family circles has been made

Your Grandchildren think of you today, but that is nothing new,

They thought of you yesterday and days before that too

 

All five of them think of the silence, whilst often speaking your name

All they have are memories and a picture frame

Your memory is a keepsake, from which they will never part

God has you in his arms, your family love you with all their heart.

 

Next two anthologies 5 & 6

V5 Book of Lived V6 Book of lived




to come...



Penny Authors is so much more, it is about helping about helping each other to shine.  Travel with them wherever these poems go; it global!

Help them, their work, through social media, blogs, press release, articles, radio plugs, readings, open mics and so on.

PA is a life long inclusion, and what you put in you will get back more.


Our core drive is "Accomplishment of Attaining our Aspiration! (AAA)"



For more information email:

pennyauthors@yahoo.co.uk


If you would like to review a copy, please go to this link.

Check out our Website


Check us out on FB Page

Check out the Catalogue


                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment